Tuesday, January 2, 2007

They're Here!!!

And they're pretty damn cute, if I do say so my own self! Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to Kate and Emily Shivley: (FYI, that's Emily on the left, and Katie on the right...)

Aww...














I told you they were cute, didn't I? :) Here's their stats:


Kate Elizabeth Shivley
6 lbs, 1 oz
18 inches
born at 1:03 pm


Emily Kay Shivley
6 lbs, 7 oz
19 inches
born at 1: 04 pm

So far, they are both really good babies, crying rarely and sleeping a ton. I'm realistic enough to know that this will probably change in the near future, but for right now it takes some of the fear away from the idea of taking care of two infants at the same time. I'm recovering well from the surgery, getting around easier and easier every day, and am looking forward to feeling back to my old self again.

I know this post is short, but it's all of a sudden feeding time again so I'll have to cut it short. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to update you more fully in the very near future!

Love to you all!

-Alyson, Steve, Emily and Kate









7 comments:

Aimee said...

Beautiful babies!! Adore their full names. What is the name of the hosptial they were born at and what city is it located in? Glad to hear you are recuperating well Alyson. You guys are brilliant parents!

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo cute!!! I'm glad they made it into the world happy and healty, and I'm glad you're feeling better. Can't wait to see them again!

Anonymous said...

Babies! Babies everywhere! And cute little babies, too! Happy hear you and the l'il ones are healthy. Can't wait to meet 'em!

s

Anonymous said...

Well done! we are very impressed with how easy you're making twins sound. We look forward to hearing when the action really starts.

Anonymous said...

You picked the perfect pictures to post. My little love bugs!

Unknown said...

Such cute little babies!

Glad to hear that the girls are treating you well. They will make up for it when they are teenagers though ;-)

nelson.

Lance said...

Wow, they were really close in size. Ours were 20% different. Cute girls though. I like how you reversed the intitials for each one but kept them the same.